Zendesk calculates a few of your KPI’s, such as CSAT, FCR, CPH, Reopens, Response Time etc. We will be going into detail for each of your KPI Metrics.
Calculation of CSAT – How to achieve
CSAT is a metric that gets measured around resolving the customers' query to the extent of customer satisfaction. When resolving the customers' query within one response, provides quick, efficient service to customers. The current target is 85% FCR for all your queries resolved. The rest of the 15%, accounts for queries that you need to escalate to internal departments for resolution.
Customer Satisfaction is calculated by the number of good responses/total responses (good and bad) - therefore, the more positive responses received, the better your percentage would be. Every time you solve a ticket, the customer receives a survey after 2 hours of solving the ticket, the customer then has the option to rate your service, the email looks like this:
If the customer clicks on “Bad, I’m unsatisfied” - the customer will have an option of choosing one of the following options as to why they have clicked on “Bad”
- The issue was not resolved
- The issue took too long to resolve
- The agents' knowledge is unsatisfactory
- The agents' attitude is unsatisfactory
- Some other reason
- No reason provided
The customer will also have an opportunity to provide commentary and feedback. Every badly rated ticket will be looked into by our QA Team, as well as your 2ic/TL. Full reports of all badly rated tickets can be seen through a report ( https://takealot.zendesk.com/agent/reporting/analytics/period:0/dashboard:aaPHfBwohx4D)
There will be times where you have done everything in your power, but the customer is still unhappy with the outcome of the resolution. This information gets used by our Customer Insights Team, along with our Leadership team, to report on, to the rest of the business, to discuss customer improvements based on quick wins, projects, etc.
Your offering rate plays a big role in your CSAT, therefore, your productivity plays a big role in your CSAT. The more queries you resolve, the more surveys you will be offering for customers to rate your service, the more customers rate your service, the more rated tickets you will get. Our customers' rate surveys on average of 20-25% of the time, this means that only 20-25% of your surveys will be responded to. If you resolve 10 queries and 20% responds to your survey, you will only get 2 responses back, however, if you resolve 100 queries, you will get 20 responses back from customers, which allows you more room to balance good and bad ratings - and more room to gain more good ratings.
Calculation of FCR – How to achieve
FCR is a metric that gets measured around resolving the customers' query, within one response. When resolving the customers' query within one response, provides quick, efficient service to customers. The current target is 85% FCR for all your queries resolved. The rest of the 15%, accounts for queries that you need to escalate to internal departments for resolution.
Your FCR is calculated around 1 response to the customer. For every ticket you resolve, you will either get 100% FCR or 0% FCR, to achieve 100% FCR, you need to ensure that you provide resolution to the customer, within one response to them. The customer can respond as many times as they wish, but in order for you to achieve 100%, per query - you need to only respond once, which means:
- Read the customers query carefully and ensure that you understand the customers' needs - DO NOT ASSUME.
- When responding to the customer, anticipate what next questions will be and manage expectations correctly for example. If a customer is requesting information about their order (payment) - advise on the promised delivery date too.
- Our internal systems are created in such a way - that you would barely need to reach out to other areas of the business before you do reach out - ask yourself the question, as to whether you are able to find the information on either our internal systems or even google.
- As CSAT, FCR also goes hand in hand with your productivity, the percentage can differ, based on the number of queries resolved. If you resolve only 10 queries, and only 6 of them have an FCR of 100%, that means your FCR will be 60%, however, if you resolve 100 queries and only 4 of them have an FCR of 0%, this means your FCR will be 96%.
- Avoid responding to emails such as “Thank you” - any form of positive acknowledgment response from customers.
- FCR is calculated on one external response to the customer.
- For phone calls, always send a confirmation email - based on your phone call conversation, following the same rules - anticipating any more questions and covering all aspects of the phone call - email construction to be covered separately.
Calculation of CPH – How to achieve
CPH is a metric that gets measured around the number of resolved queries by you - which gets worked out on an hourly average - Contacts per Hour. The department goal is 15 resolved contacts per hour.
The trick to achieving CPH is finding your rhythm, resolving customer issues and trying to avoid escalating the query (FCR) - While the customer is on the phone with you, is when you start typing out your email reference to the customer, based on the phone call. If the customer places you on hold or is venting or explaining a situation you already have fixed - you continue working on your open queries - finding the balance of resolving your contacts at a good pace is the key to reaching your target.
Reopen percentage looks at how many of your queries were reopened by the customer after you have solved the ticket. This will not influence your FCR metric but will influence your reopen percentage.
Once you solve a ticket, the ticket takes 48 hours to go from a solved status to a closed status. Your Reopen percentage will only take effect if the ticket reopens during those 48 hours. If the customer responds after 48 hours, it will create a new ticket.
To allow our OSA’s an opportunity to provide feedback to other OSA’s about a customer experience whereas the OSA had a direct impact on the customer's experience.
In other words, when a mistake has been made by an agent. A Contact Coach Form (CCF) can be completed in order for the individual to receive coaching from either their 2iC or Team Leader. This will eliminate agents from repeating the same error and also help improve productivity.
- Customer Query Ticket no. - The ticket number of which the error/mistake was made.
- Original Query Form - The original ticket query type received from the customer.
- Agent Name - The agent’s name who made the error.
- Agent Team Leader - The agent’s Team Leaders name
- Agent Failure - What the agent failed to do
- Actions Taken - What action was taken to correct this mistake.
Almost 20% of customer queries are not responded to within the first touch. The means that about 20% of customers are likely to have multiple OSA’s updating them or attempting to resolve their issues.
There are often complaints from the teams that if someone else had either:
- Followed the SOP
- Took ownership
- Provided correct information
- Understood the query
- Failed to follow up with customer
If one of the above steps were not taken, it causes a terrible customer experience and causes frustration for the OSA that needs to fix what has not been done in the first place.
Our OSA’s are not at a place where they are able to accept and provide feedback to each other without feeling attacked and often feel that even when they do escalate it to the TL – they do not have the confidence that it is indeed being addressed as the same issues usually arise.
It is also unrealistic for QA and Leaders to go through every possible contact to identify coaching opportunities.
It is possible that the OSA that has made the error – did not know what the correct procedure was and this will be our opportunity to assist them through coaching.
If you receive a ticket or call, where you notice that the previous OSA or an OSA in another area has not followed the necessary steps to resolve the customer query – you follow the following steps:
- Resolve the customer query.
- Log a new ticket – choosing Takealot as your brand.
- Update the requester to your own Takealot email address.
- Select TAL:: Internal:: Contact Coaching as your form
- Fill in “Customer Query Ticket no.” with the ticket number you have used to resolve the customer's query
- Select Original query type, Agent Name (this will be the agent's name that made the error), Agent Team Leader (if you know), and what the failure was –
- You can then add a Macro called “TAL CS Contact Coaching Form”, which will prompt you to provide feedback in an SBI Format – to ensure that we keep our feedback factual and not emotional.
- Once you have updated the above, you can assign it to the OSA in questions 2ic – using “CCF Escalations” as a group – please DO NOT use Team Leader as the assigned group.
Once a ticket is assigned, the 2ic/TL has one scheduled day to action the CCF. The process is as follows:
- Review feedback provided and review ticket number provided to identify whether the CCF ticket logged is not only valid but fair feedback.
- Once you have reviewed it, you can now schedule coaching for your OSA, using your relevant coaching forms.
- Once you have provided coaching, on the left-hand side of the ticket, you select the final outcome of “Actions Taken” and select from a drop-down menu ie. Coaching, Training, Escalated to TL, No action required
- The ticket then needs to be solved under your name.