Zendesk customer classification: return____damaged_items
The customer has received damaged items in their delivery and is enquiring what to do.
Predominantly used for damaged/lost parcels. Also used for SLA breach for late collections
REPLACEMENT ORDERS FOR MISSING/DAMAGED ITEMS IN TRANSIT
Replacement orders are requested for items or orders lost/ damaged in transit by OF.
Customer queries result in an investigation and request for a replacement order.
This requires a level of investigation from the Tier 2 team and in certain cases from the DC or Dispatch team based on the number of items in an order.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
This information will be in a ticket which serves as authorisation in order to process a new replacement order.
In addition, this will be required a status change for the waybill to a claimed status.
This status change will be actioned by a Team leader or OF team.
Types of Replacement requests
Missing/damaged item in the order (part of an S-Label) *
Missing/damaged parcel in order (S- Label)*
Missing/ Damaged order (all items in order)
Rules for Replacement requests
- Missing/damaged item in the order ( part of an S-Label) *
- Missing/damaged parcel in order ( S- Label)
- Missing/ Damaged order ( all items in order)
Steps to follow: (don't forget to break up into lost/hijack and damage and (missing item - when a customer informs us of a missing item after delivery)
One item missing in a Parcel ( S - Label)
Access CS Portal and insert the Order ID.
- Remember to select “order” by the search dropdown
- Click on ‘track’ located on the far right under “Order Items” to view the waybill tracking.
- View the information to see if it states a hijacking or Damaged Parcel occurred and that the waybill is claimed. If it is not claimed and the notes states any of the above - Escalate to Order Fulfillment via an internal note in Zendesk to request the waybill to be claimed with the completed Zendesk Forms; select delivery as the form, enter Order ID, select the reason for escalating and enter the MDX number as well as selecting the courier.
- If there is stock available for the complete order, inform the customer of the replacement and send it to the replacement box for the replacement to be created.
- If there is a lead time to out of stock items in the order, inform the customer and request if we can proceed with the replacement.
- In cases of damaged items/parcel, it could be that only 1 item in the order is damaged and needs to be replaced. In cases of where an order has more than 1 parcel and S number (numerous boxes in the order), it could be that not all the parcels have been damaged. Only the damaged parcel needs to be claimed and not the entire order. To identify this, check for any Zendesk tickets relating to this issue and if there has been a replacement requested or Credit.
- If not, ask the customer for their preferred outcome as well as their delivery address.
- Replacement: ALWAYS Check the stock availability of the customer's original order
- Escalate the request to Tier 2 Replacement Request clearly suggesting the items (If in stock), quantity, original order number as well as the delivery address.
- Once a response is received, inform the customer of the new order number and the new promise delivery date.
- Credit: Escalate to Tier 3 Credits requesting a credit for the claimed order. Make sure to state the original Order ID.
- Thereafter, you will be able to refund or request one if the customer prefers this. Do not forget to check the customer’s payment method, as this may require you to ask for banking details should the customer have paid via COD for example. Do not advise the customer that you will refund if you have not checked their payment method, as the customer may have paid via Sbux, Discovery Miles, eBucks or Mobicred.
- Once the banking details have been obtained, a refund may be requested through CS Portal by clicking the drop-down to the left of the Order ID.
- Should the refund option not be available, escalate to Finance with the correct Zendesk Forms; select payment and refund as the form, enter Order ID, select the reason for escalating and enter the banking details as an internal note with the requested action to be completed.
- Completed and internal note requesting the refund with the banking details included. Keep in mind, the customer may not be refunded via Credit Card, if the customer paid via COD.