Zendesk customer classification: Payments & Refund_Credit_Not_Reflecting
Customers may contact us after receiving a cancellation notification or return comms that a credit will be allocated to their profile.
There are many reasons why a credit would need to be allocated, and each query is based on the nature of the request:
- Delivery fee
- Goodwill gesture
- The customer placed an order for a Pre-order and there's a price-drop
- Different in price
- Missing items
- Missing orders
- Cancelled order
- Cancellation of an eBook
- Used for an order - Allocating manual credit towards a new order
- Correcting an error
- When the customer received a damaged order
- When a customer wants their R5.00 donation fee
- If a customer overpaid for their order using Payfast / IPay (Please note the credit can ONLY be done by Finance)
Remember to always check the order status before applying a manual credit.
PLEASE NOTE Mobicred and sBux orders: NO Credits to be applied.
Also, do not apply Credits should an order be marked as RISK PENDING – this needs to be cleared by Finance. If cancelled, inform Risk to action refund/credit.
Before crediting a COD order, always double-check whether the payment was actually received.
When adding/allocating a credit, ensure that comment field reflects the order number, correct Reason code and description (where applicable).
When issuing a credit do not refresh the page as this might potentially duplicate a credit entry
Do not transfer credits from one profile to another. Only Finance to action this (but this is based on the nature of the request)