Zendesk Customer Classification: return____return_status_update
WHEN TO USE:
A return can be logged either, by the customer through their profile or by the agent through CS Portal.
Once a return is logged, the customer will receive a Return Reference Number (RRN) and the process will begin. Whereby the item will go through different statuses?/stages as the return is carried out. These statuses determine whereabouts and how far in the process the return is in.
The return will be updated accordingly from the time the return is logged until the return is concluded.
HOW TO ACTION:
Customers are updated automatically each time the return moves into a new status, from the moment the return is logged right till the end stages when the relevant department is actioning their preferred
However, customers might contact us to find out where their return is or what status it is currently in as they do not fully understand or never received an update. You as the OSA will be able to check the following and advise the customer accordingly.
1. Access CS Portal and enter the customer Return Reference Number into the search bar.
2. Select “order” or "all" by the search drop-down when looking for a return.
3. Scroll down past Order Items until to you get to the Return section (The RRN will be in bold)
4. Scroll to the “return log” and click on the heading to view the return status updates.
5. A status update will show as:
6. Always read from the bottom up to view the most recent status update.
7. Scroll to “return notes“ and click on the heading to see if any additional notes have been made by relevant departments regarding the progress of the return
8. Once you have established the most recent update and at which stage the return is in, inform the customer via Zendesk at what stage their return is in and what action they can expect next.
9. You will need to access Zendesk and go to the customer's ticket in your View.
10. Inform the customer on a Public Reply
New - The time and date the return reference number has been created.
Auto approval – If the item is eligible for a return, it is based on the business rules and processes defined based on the return types.
Auto reject – if the item is not eligible, check the business rule by reviewing the customers’ reason, the item and website description & days logged after collection or delivery.
- We sometimes have to confirm the warranty with our Catalogue/Marketplace team when a customer confirms that the product manual states a different/longer warranty. Based on the information received, we will cancel the original return and log a new return using the Exception returns reason - detailed notes, referencing the previous return and information received by the respective Catalogue team to ensure the return is not declined at the evaluation stage for the warranty period.
Manual approval – When a return goes into a manual approve status this means that manual intervention of the returns CS team is needed for the below reasons:
- The item is outside if the takealot.com 6 months warranty defective
- The customer requests and exchange
- Not what I ordered
Courier received the correct instruction - if the return method is for a collection, a waybill will be generated for TDT couriers or a third party courier to collect the item from the customer.
- If a customer chooses to drop off at a pick-up point or CPT warehouse they will have 7 days from the return created date to do so or the return will be cancelled. (A new one will need to be logged by the customer or CS team based on the policy rules as an Exception)
Item being Evaluated - The return status will only be updated to this status; once the item has been received at the warehouse (CPT/JHB or KZN) Upon evaluation, a form is completed with the checklist in order to accept, decline or move status to Awaiting Accessories if anything is missing. ( notes are extremely important to assist with the evaluation)
Awaiting Accessories - If the item that is being returned has any accessories such as earphones, chargers, covers etc. when originally purchased have note been received, the status will be updated to Awaiting Accessories. The customer will be informed via a Zendesk ticket to return the rest of the accessories before the return can proceed with the returns process or a manual collection will be arranged.
Being evaluated under Warranty - If the item has an extended warranty, the item will be moved to this status and sent to the supplier for further evaluation.
The relevant supplier will be evaluated to determine the outcome. If the supplier’s overall returns process take longer than 21 days, a credit or refund is offered to the customer from Takealot. This is based on the return date.
Return Accepted -If the evaluation is approved, the DC returns team will review all notes regarding the return and accept the return for the preferred outcome to be actioned i.e a credit, refund or replacement.
Item Repaired - If an item is repaired by the supplier and within the supplier's warranty period and the customer has requested for the item to be repaired, it will be updated to this status.
Replacement Ordered - When the customer has chosen a replacement as their preferred outcome, if the item is defective or damaged, it will be evaluated and if it is marked as defective or damaged then a replacement order will be created provided we have stock of that particular item.
Return Declined - If the evaluation has failed, the return will be declined by the DC Returns team or for reasons such as no fault found with the item, user damage, out of the warranty period, failed to return all the accessories within the required timeframe for the Returns Team or supplier to conclude the return. If relevant notes for the decline is not on the returns notes section - request additional feedback.
Item Credited/ Manual Credit - The preferred outcome is a credit. The Credit team will need to apply the credit to the customer's profile for the amount of the item if not automatically applied when the status is updated; ( this is determined by the financial risk rules - also based on the original payment method used for the order). If a refund was chosen then a Zendesk ticket will be assigned to the Finance team for processing based on the payment method and/or if the bank details are provided by the customer.
Item Refunded/ Manual Refund- The preferred outcome is a refund. The Credit team will need to apply the credit to the customer's profile for the amount of the item if not automatically applied when the status is updated; ( this is determined by the financial risk rules - also based on the original payment method used for the order). A refund will be processed by CS if auto refund option is available ( Credit card & Deposits only ) or a Zendesk ticket will be assigned to the Finance team for processing based on the payment method and/or if the bank details are provided by the customer.
Request Concluded - Date and status of a return in a finalised state. This could be as a result of Cancelled, rejected, Declined or Credited, Refund or Replacement ordered.