Discover the Approval Process
After submitting your application to participate in Takealot’s promotional/daily deal activities, your application flows through several steps before approval.
The process below outlines the application’s approval process.
- After applying for any of Takealot’s Promotions/Daily Deals. The seller will receive an acknowledgement email within 60 minutes of submission.
- Applications must meet the minimum Promotions & Daily Deals Requirements to be accepted. If rejected, the seller will receive a rejection email specifying the rejection reason within the same day at 9 AM or 3 PM. If you do not receive a primary rejection email, your application satisfied the minimum Promotions/Daily Deals requirements.
- Takealot’s Promotions Operations team will begin vetting submitted applications after the submission deadline passes to ensure they align with our Promotions & Daily Deals requirements. Suppose a seller submits an application with lines that the Promotions Operations team cannot curate to fit the promotion; the seller will receive a Post Submission rejection email indicating the issue with the application.
- If the application submitted by the seller meets Takealot’s Promotions/Daily Deals requirements, the seller will receive an acceptance email confirming the suitability for the promotion.
- Suppose a change happens in a seller’s Recommended Retail Price (RRP) or Selling Price after receiving an acceptance email from Takealot’s Promotions Operations team to participate in our promotional activities. We will reject your application. Additionally, should the seller not update the status of their Stock on Hand (SoH) under Manage My Offers on the Seller Portal or doesn’t send the stock to the Distribution Centre ("DC") on time. We will reject the seller’s application.
How can a Seller Optimise its Application?
- Catalogue or Product Display Page Quality: We consider the Product Display Pages as Takealot’s Salespersons. Sellers are encouraged to ensure their product display pages comprehensively outline their products.
- Discounting: Sellers are encouraged to ensure their discounting is appealing enough to entice the customer and drive conversion.
- Trending & Relevance: Sellers are encouraged to ensure their products are relevant to the customer’s appetite.