Log in to the Seller Portal. On the left navigation menu, click the Fee Estimator icon or click here to access the Fee Estimator.
You will be directed to the Fee Estimator.
- Package Dimensions: The package dimensions indicate the size of the product (cm). This is used to calculate the Fulfilment Fees.
- Unit Weight: The unit weight is predefined weight categories (kg). This is used to calculate the Fulfilment Fees.
- Division: The taxonomy division is a list of high-level departments that are in line with the divisions that you would select on the “Add a product” page.
- Department: The taxonomy department is a list of the loadsheet departments that belong to the division that you have selected in line with the departments that you would select on the “Add a product” page.
- Category: The taxonomy category is a list of the categories that belong to the department that you have selected in line with the categories that you would select on the “Add a product” page.
- Selling Price: The price at which the customer can purchase the product on takealot.com (inclusive of VAT)
- Cost of Product: The cost of sales that you incur per product.
Fill in the information and click calculate.
The following information will be provided to assist you in adjusting your Selling Price or cost to ensure that you cover the guaranteed Takealot Fees.
g. Revenue: This is the Selling Price that is used in the calculation of the net sales and profitability.
h. takealot Fees: This refers to the Success Fees and Fulfilment Fees.
- Success Fees are Takealots referral fees and cover the transactional cost, customer support and all-around platform support.
- Fulfilment Fees are charged per item shipped from a Takealot warehouse to customers.
Please note that the calculator provides an estimate that does not include Subscription Fees, Storage Fees, extra fees applied to drop ship orders, or any other fees that can be avoided and are not guaranteed to be applied to the sale of a product. For example, Auto IBT Penalty Fees.
i. Net sales: This is determined by taking the Selling price minus the Takealot fees.
j. Other Costs: These are optional costs that you can add to your calculation if you would like a calculation of your net profit and net margin.
- Cost of the product: the cost of sales that you incur.
- Cost to ship to Takealot: the cost of shipping the product to the Takealot DCs.
- Other costs: this is any other cost that you may want to take into consideration.
k. Net Profit: This is calculated by taking the Selling Price minus all costs to the seller, including Takealot fees and other costs.
i. Net Margin: The profit as a percentage of the Selling Price. If you find that the Selling Price is too low, you can adjust it above and review the fees again.
If you are happy with the estimations. You can go ahead and click Search Takealot Catalogue to add your product to Takealot Catalogue. For more information on how to do this, click here.
Article is closed for comments.