Takealot Promotions are marketing activities that aim to drive traffic to a specific range of products on takealot.com.
How can you Benefit from Takealot Promotions?
- Promotions are essential for discoverability and clearance on a platform offering millions of products.
- Sellers participating in our promotions will notice an impact on key metrics such as page views and conversion rate. The uptick in page views enables products to convert quicker, increasing the overall ranking of the product listing.
- Remember, participating in promotions doesn’t only mean discoverability but also promotes customer familiarity with the brand and brand awareness.
What must sellers consider before participating in Takealot Promotions?
- Sellers must ensure the participating product is not disabled by either the Seller or Takealot.
- Sellers must add a Recommended Retail Price (RRP) and a Selling Price for the participating product.
- In addition to promotional stock, sellers must consider sending buffer stock for potential sales that may arise before the promotion.
What to do when your Promotions Application is Successful?
The next steps before the start date of the promotion:
- Sellers must deliver the deal and buffer stock to the Takealot Distribution Centre (DC) two business days before the promotion date.
- Sellers must avoid changing their Selling Price, RRP or Status until the promotion ends. Please note that this applies from the promotion application date until the promotion is complete.
Suppose your Promotions Application is unsuccessful, you can consult the Rejections Guidelines to learn how to revise your application to comply with Takealot’s Promotional Requirements.