Takealot’s Daily Deal is a highly curated number of items where pricing and product relevancy greatly influence a customer’s purchasing decision. A Daily Deal’s price must be unique to influence urgency in the customer’s purchasing process. Offers participating in Daily Deal activities will experience elevated customer exposure and product popularity on takealot.com.
What must Sellers consider before participating in Daily Deal activities?
- Sellers must ensure the participating product is not disabled by either the Seller or Takealot.
- Sellers must add a Recommended Retail Price (RRP) and a Selling Price for the participating product.
- In addition, to deal stock, sellers must consider sending buffer stock for potential sales that may arise before the promotion.
What to do when your Daily Deal Application is Successful?
The next steps before the date of the promotion:
- Sellers must deliver the deal and buffer stock to the Takealot Distribution Centre (DC) two business days before the promotion date.
- Sellers must avoid changing their Selling Price, RRP or Status until the promotion ends. Please note that this applies from the deal application date until the promotion is complete.
What are unsuitable products?
These are the products visible on the Manage My Offers page:
- Dead or Slow-Moving Products: We recommend sellers take advantage of the Clearance Sale for such products. To identify these products, look for products with high stock-days cover and/or storage fee flags. These products are, however, suitable for the Monthly Clearance Sale promotion.
- New Stock or products whose demand has yet to be determined: These products either have stock days cover or the stock days cover column shows “-” because no sales have taken place yet. Consider using Sponsored Product Ads to boost your products’ visibility on takealot.com and kick-start your sales.
Suppose your Deal Application is unsuccessful, you can consult the Rejections Guidelines to learn how to revise your application to comply with Takealot’s Promotional Requirements.